St. Francis of Assisi – School Blog

Learning and growing together in God's love.

Ullswater – By Zioni

on January 22, 2023

Hi, my name is Zioni, today I’m going to tell you about my trip at Ullswater.

After a nine hour coach trip, we arrived at Ullswater, and I enjoyed every second at Ullswater. My favourite activity was gorge-walking. In gorge-walking, you walk in a gorge, which is like a river. This was my favourite activity because it was fun and challenging.

Another activity I really enjoyed was when we rowed to a forest and explored it, I really enjoyed this activity because we played lots of fun team building games.

One interesting thing that happened is that when we got on the boat to go back to the centre, the boat got stuck on a rock and we had to shift back and forth on the boat, then I (and a few other people) had to get off the boat. Then, the boat got unstuck! But, we were still off the boat, so they had to try and get back to the shore without getting stuck again, and thankfully, they did, but once we got on, we got stuck again! So a speed boat came to help us, but then, we were able to get unstuck by ourselves, so my group and the speed boat went back to the centre.

Overall, Ullswater was fantastic! The food was incredible, the dorms were great and I had a lovely time at Ullswater.