St. Francis of Assisi – School Blog

Learning and growing together in God's love.

Frankie and Noah’s amazing experience at Ullswater

on January 29, 2023

It all started at 5 o’clock in the morning when we got to school ready to get on the coach for the most fun time of our lives!

As soon as we got there , we got a tour of Ullswater and in the first few minutes , I knew it would be the experience of a lifetime .

My favourite activities were: Jog-and-dip which was sooo fun.  You got to dunk your head under water . Cold!  Then you got to jump off a jetty.  But this was was the bit where you got verrry tired. While being soaking wet , we RAN UP A HILL BACK TO OUR GROUPS PLACE!  I was already exhausted but I knew there was more to come.

After that tiring activity, we went back up to our dorms and changed into warm clothes. We then got into a mini van and drove to the mountain we were going to climb! It was at night so it made it more fun. The boggy walk was very hard but really exciting to do . Everyone was slipping over and I  nearly slide-tackled my friend [K] accidentally .We got to the top and our instructor [called Tom] told us a story while all of us looked at the stars . On the way down , it was the most fun part about Ullswater in Frankie’s opinion.

On the 2nd day,  we hopped back in the mini van and drove to a bigger mountain then last time! While we were up the mountain, we found lots of different edible plants!  We even ate a red ant. (It tasted like lemon.)  Also we ate a plant that looked like a clover but it was heart shaped and had 3 leaves.  It tasted like sour apple. (It was  called wood sorrel.)

Ullswater is the most exciting place I have ever been. Full of activities, fun and loads more. Activities such as: mountain-climbing , gorge-walking, tunnelling,  hill-climbing, and orienteering,