St. Francis of Assisi – School Blog

Learning and growing together in God's love.

Basketball and Football by H and L

on November 16, 2020

Basketball

Hi, my name is Harvey and I like Basketball.

Basketball is a game where there are two teams and one ball and there is a hoop. One team has to shoot into the hoop. You have 90 mins so you would have to do it quickly. If you do not know how to play. you need to read this. as it will tell you the basic rules of basketball.

• Remember to bounce the ball.  If you forget, then it is called travel. If you forget, then the other team will get the ball and have a free throw.
  • Free throw is like a foul, but you get to choose how many throws, but there are only 3 free throws max.
  • If you hold the ball and then dribble again, that is called double-dribble and if you do it again, you will have to give it to the other team.

I once joined the school basketball team and every Tuesday and Wednesday we went to matches.  I remember when my friend accidently shot in the wrong hoop and it was a draw (tie).  He said he was sorry but my other friend was a bit sad so I tried to cheer him up by saying that it was still a good shot, even if you shot in the wrong hoop. It was a fun time as we won two games and drew (tied) one game so really, we did not lose, not even one!!!  WE were going to have a fourth game but that was when coronavirus was found…

Football

Hi my name is Louis.  I like the game football and this is going to help you know the rules of this fantastic game.  This is the basic rule of the game – you have to score in one of the two goals to score a goal.

There are lines outside of the pitch if the ball goes outside, of them lines it is throw in to the other team where, you throw the ball on the pitch.  If you do a unfair tackle or a dirty one you have committed a foul.  If it`s really bad you can get a yellow or red card.   If you get two yellow cards you get sent off.   If you get a red you get sent off the pitch with no warning at all.

Do not answer back or argue with the ref otherwise you will get sent off.   So here are some of the basic rules of the, game football thank you for reading both of our guides.

LOUIS AND HARVEY