St. Francis of Assisi – School Blog

Learning and growing together in God's love.

Hannah and Jill’s story at Whitwell

on November 10, 2021

When we first arrived to Whitwell Hall, we put our bags in the hall/ games room, got our dorms ready and did the fire drill, just to be safe.  After we had done some activities, we had a little break and tried blorange juice. We went back to do some more activities.

On the first night we all listened to a story and afterwards we did a talent show. We all fell asleep eventually and some of us were whispering at night because we couldn’t sleep.

When we did an activity, which was team building, it was very fun and very hard because the girls` team failed and the boys’ team won. Also at bridge building they won again, we had to build a bridge first but it kept on falling down. Ours kept falling because of the surface.

On Wednesday night, we had a bat walk and a few people were scared of the dark like me. I stuck around my friends and kept saying family. You can get the chance of getting a bat detector and to hear the bats’ echoes.

Thursday night we melted marshmallows by the fire and when we were done we played in the meadows with our torches, some were playing zombie, and some were playing manhunt while I was sitting down with my friends.

On the last day we had the normal morning stuff as usual, then we had a boat race and before we left we had jacket potatoes for dinner.