St. Francis of Assisi – School Blog

Learning and growing together in God's love.

Ullswater Trip – J and D

on December 11, 2019

Ullswater Trip

Going on an Ullswater trip is really fun because you have to do activities every day! Some can be challenging, some can’t but I personally liked   Gorge walking because it was a new experience for me, going up the mountain while going up the river. It is good exercise for your health. That is a main activity. There are evening activities which you do at night. I enjoyed the blindfold and goggle activity so you have to guess where you’re going.

Going to Ullswater in the summer is good because you won’t be so cold. When you’re Gorge walking it is really slippery so be careful. There is a slot when you’re near the top. Once you have done the slot [all of the group] you go to the side and go back down. I think the activities are all enjoyable (and if you go in the summer you do raft building). 

There are main foods, also the are extra things that you put on the side like if you have macaroni and cheese you can put vegetables on the side. If you are wondering where you have lunch, You’ll have lunch on your Activity where you stop. The rooms are also nice it comes with a shower (or two). Three bunk beds. A bathroom with a sink and a toilet were you can go to the toilet and brush your teeth! Ullswater is the place to be!

Go with your friends and learn stuff about them you never knew before! I percenly learned a lot about my friends! Every group gets a instructor “I’m Daniel my instructor was called Chris” “I’m Joshua and my instructor was called David”. As you can see Ullswater is great.

By Joshua and Daniel